Friday, June 10, 2011

Nothing says Summertime Like Pee in the Neighborhood Pool

With temperatures reaching the triple digits, it is nearly impossible to be outside unless you are in or near water.  In our area, poolside is the place to be.  Our neighborhood consists primarily of young families with lots of small kids...which makes pool time conversation interesting, to say the least.

Last week, The Firefighter was able to accompany Miss Chatterbox and I to the pool.  I relish these rare occurrences because it means I am OFF DUTY.  The Firefighter can take his turn chasing Miss Chatterbox all over the pool while I take up residence on a pool float, watch and laugh.

Sidebar:  Do you know how hard it is to tan the back of your legs when you can't lay on your stomach?  Ya, and don't get the bright idea to try even it out with self tanner....  now the front of my legs are tan (OK, OK, a slightly darker shade of pale white), and the backs are orange.  Though, Miss Chatterbox is ecstatic that she now has her own personal "Tigger Mommy".  But I digress.

Anyways, I was watching The Firefighter try to teach Miss Chatterbox to float on her back and inwardly debating telling him the futility of it (Nah, let him learn on his own), when another little girl approaches him.   I slowly start to paddle closer, knowing this was gonna be good.

The girl gets right up in The Firefighters face and asks, "What color are your eyes?"
The Firefighter answers, "Green."
The girl, getting even closer, said, "Green is my favorite color.  Are my eyes pretty?"

The Firefighter gives me a look that clearly screams, HELP!   I fall off the float, I'm trying so hard not to laugh, because I realized the little girl, who is no more than 5, is FLIRTING with The Firefighter.  ( I don't blame you darling - I couldn't resist a man in uniform either).

I decide to go bail him out, and as I approach, the little girl turns to me and asked, "Are you two married?"
I said, "Yes, honey, we are."
She replied, "OH! Sorry, I'm not really trying to steal your man."  Then swims away.

Not to be outdone, Miss Chatterbox, who is now sitting on The Firefighter's lap, chooses that moment to announce, "I pee pee, Dadu!"

Gotta love the pool in the summertime!

2 comments:

  1. Leave it to a five year old to have a pick up line! Wow!!! I can't stop laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right! A close second was the little girl who asked me how old I was and when I answered she said, "don't feel to bad about it, my mommy is older and getting older every year." Gotta love kids. :)

    ReplyDelete