Friday, September 16, 2011

Letter to my Daughters

Dear Girls,

Right now, I'm sitting on the couch next to you both, watching, you, Bun, laugh in your sleep, and, you, Miss Chatterbox, dance naked to The Jungle Book.  I feel nothing, but love and peace sitting here with y'all.  If I could capture a moment and put it in a bottle, this would be one, I'd love to have forever.

But soon enough, y'all will start to grow up and other voices will get louder than Mommy's.  Before that happens, I want you to know a few things.

1.  I love you, just as you are.  You are perfect, just as you are.  You are beautiful, just as you are.  You are awesome, just as you are.  If someone doesn't like you, JUST AS YOU ARE, then they aren't worth your time.  Don't change who you are.

2.  Laugh, my loves, alot and loudly.  Find the joy in every day.  It's easy to laugh now, but there will come a day when it gets harder to find the reasons to.  Your momma once let the world steal her laughter - it took your arrival to bring it back.  Please don't make the same mistake.

3.  Always be honest - with yourself and with others. You will save yourself so much trouble.  Trust is easy to lose, hard to regain.  Honesty is not always the easy route, but trust me, my loves, it is the best way.

4.  Dream big.  They may not all come true - and that's okay - but it is the hope that they MIGHT, that keeps us moving forward.

5.  Find a way to be happy, where you are, with what you already have.  It's okay to want "stuff," but if you are basing your happiness on things - you will never truly be happy.  Mommy and Dadu want nothing more than for you girls to live a happy, fulfilled, and contented life.

6.  When it comes to boys - wait.  When you find the one, he will be worth waiting for.  NEVER SETTLE.    Wait until you find the yin to your yang, the one who is half of your whole, the one who completes what you never knew was missing.  Trust me, darlings, you will know them when you meet them.

Lastly, sweethearts, know that your Mommy and Dadu, love you more than anything.  We loved you, before we knew there was a you to love and we always will love you - No matter what.


Love you always and forever,
Mommy

2 comments:

  1. very nicely said. wish my mother would have been so gracious with her wishes for my future. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful and heartfelt letter. I like to write my kids letters for their birthdays. I write them on my blog, and print them off for their scrapbooks. I pray that they would truly know my heartfelt prayers and dreams for them.

    ReplyDelete