Monday, December 12, 2011

The 12 Bills of Christmas

I love cell phone cameras! They help me capture moments like this. 


Look at that precious face.  It's full of pure, unadulterated joy watching the town parade!  Yet, it almost didn't happen because of a little ditty I like to call, The 12 Bills of Christmas.

On the first day of Christmas, my Hubby said to me
Whoops!  Looks like we need a new tree.

On the second day of Christmas, my hubby said to me
I can't find our stockings, and it looks like we need a new tree

On the third day of Christmas, my hubby said to me
3 days until rent is due,
I can't find our stockings and looks like we need a new tree.

On the fourth day of Christmas, my hubby said to me
Did you pay the light bill?
In 2 days rent is due.
I can't find our stockings and it looks like we need a new tree.

On the fifth day of Christmas, my hubby said to me
NO MORE OVERTIME!!!
Did you pay the light bill?
Rent is due today.
I can't find our stockings and it looks like we need a new tree.

On the sixth day of Christmas, my hubby said to me
Your daughter wants a scooter.
 NO MORE OVERTIME!
 Why are we in the dark?
 Rent was due yesterday.
 I can't find our stockings, and it looks like we need a new tree.

On the seventh day of Christmas, my hubby said to me
Work is doing secret santas.
Your daughter wants a scooter.
NO MORE OVERTIME!
Why are we in the dark?
Rent is gonna kill us.
I can't find our stockings and it looks like we need a new tree.

On the eighth day of Christmas, my hubby said to me
Baby needs more diapers.
Work is doing secret santas.
Your daughter wants a scooter.
NO MORE OVERTIME!
Where are the candles?
Rent, at least, is paid.
I can't find our stockings and it looks like we need a new tree.

On the ninth day of Christmas, my hubby said to me
Christmas dinner at our house?
Baby needs more diapers.
Work is doing secret santas.
Your daughter wants a scooter.
NO MORE OVERTIME!
It's getting kinda cold in here.
The rent, at least, is paid.
I can't find our stockings and it looks like we need a new tree.

On the tenth day of Christmas, my hubby said to me
College is expensive.
I'd really prefer a ham.
Baby needs more diapers.
Work is doing secret santas.
Your daughter wants a scooter.
NO MORE OVERTIME!
Where are all the blankets?
Rent is finally paid.
I can't find our stockings and it looks like we need a new tree.

On the eleventh day of Christmas, my hubby said to me
Screw it, snuggies for everyone!
These classes are expensive.
I really want a ham.
Baby needs more diapers.
We're doing secret santas.
Your daughter wants a scooter.
NO MORE OVERTIME!
Yay, the lights are back on.
The rent is fully paid.
I can't find our stockings and it looks like we need a new tree.

On the twelfth day of Christmas, my hubby said to me
Did you get wrapping paper?
Screw it, snuggies for everyone!
These classes are expensive.
I really want a ham.
Baby needs more diapers.
We're doing secret santas
Your daughter wants a scooter.
NO MORE OVERTIME!
The heat feels good.
The rent is fully paid
I can't find our stockings and it looks like we need a new tree.


Gotta love what I call, "the butt pucker effect" Christmas has on your finances.  Happy Monday, Y'all!









3 comments:

  1. OMG, you are not kidding. Our bank account is like a bathtub, and somebody pulled the plug. And I haven't even really bought anything!

    BTW, sorry I missed several of your posts, I was watching for new posts in my Blogger Reading List and none showed up so I thought you weren't posting, so I dropped by to have a look around and there were several new posts. I looked in the Followers box and saw I'm not there, and I'm like, well duh, dummy, so I clicked the Follow button.
    But I thought I was a Follower before, so then I thought, maybe you deleted me. Maybe I ticked you off and you don't want me to Follow you anymore.
    I'm looking in the Followers box now, and I'm still not there. So I guess your blog hates me.

    Your feedjit says I've been here over 2 hours. I've probably been drifting in and out of conciousness. Stupid kids gave me their disease. My body goes to sleep but my mind won't. Or vice versa. I don't even know anymore. It's 4am, I must be lonely. lol. No I'm not. I like being alone. What am I talkng about>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa!! I've noticed the follower thing....Sometimes you're there, sometimes you're not. I haven't been able to figure the cause of it yet. I just posted to technical assistance help board so hopefully I will have an answer as to why no one can follow me anymore!!

    I assure you, I did NOT delete you!!

    I love reading your blog too!!

    I've had a wickedly busy week so I haven't been able to post with regularity this week (or read anyone else's either for that matter)! But, I free up come Sunday and will comment on everyone with a vengence!!

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete