Monday, January 23, 2012

Look A Likes

My kids look so much alike, it's freaking me out and giving me some serious deja vu.

                                                   This is Miss Chatterbox at a 5 months.                      


This is The Bun a few days shy of 5 months.  
Excuse the poor lighting - I only have my camera phone right now.
                     


It's kinda creeping me out.

Why, you ask?

I'm not really sure.  Maybe because I value individuality and uniqueness and I feel like they may lose a little of that if they can be mistaken for each other.  Or maybe because I'm feeling a little bit like a chinese factory that churns out identical knickknacks.   If they start to look anymore alike, I may be forced to stamp 1 of 3, and 2 of 3  (maybe 3 of 3 when they arrive) on their feet so I can tell them apart.

Seriously

Last night, I had a moment when I was rocking The Bun, at some god awful hour that should be illegal to be awake, when I couldn't remember what year it was or what kid I was holding!  I must have wandered around for a good 5 minutes in that black hole before the space time continuum decided to click back into place.  Or maybe I watch too much Star Trek.

Anyway

Am I over thinking this?  As an only child myself, I don't have personal experience with sibling interactions, so I have no idea what is the most important part to worry about.  So I'm overcompensating and worrying about it all.

What is the most important thing to know/do/worry about when it comes to siblings?






2 comments:

  1. Dang, you're having Clones, haha.

    My kids all turned out looking not even remotely related to each other.
    My sister's kids look alike, looked more alike as younguns, but they are definately individual.

    I have a sister, and we fought like cats and dogs as kids. But then we grew up to be conspirators and best friends.

    I had three boys, and had no idea what to do with boys. J has three brothers, so I tried to figure it out by watching them. Mainly I tried to not take sides when they argued, and told them to work it out amongst themselves. But, as usual, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, and that was mostly the youngest one.
    They all like each other now, but the two oldest ones will still swear The Baby is my favorite.
    (I tell them none of them are my favorite, I can't stand any of them, lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Numbers 2 and 4 look almost IDENTICAL!! Their baby pictures are almost interchangeable. Which is amazing given thy are opposite genders. Even now, at 9 and 4, they are still cut from the same cloth, with opposite personalities, however, LOL

    ReplyDelete