Wednesday, May 9, 2012

All About The Bun

Over the last month or so, I've noticed The Bun's personality really start to shine.  

She has become very expressive.

The Pity Laugh
Did you even know an 8 month old could give a pity laugh?  Yeah, me either.  I'm still trying to figure out how Miss Chatterbox's farts tipped over The Bun's tickle box, but my Firefighter impression only earned a smirk.  Seriously?  Everybody's a critic. 

The Nose Squinch
She loves to squinch up her nose and snort when she finds something interesting.  Like dirt.  Or toilet paper.   I'm starting to question whether I gave birth to a baby or a puppy.


My Singing Face
Miss Chatterbox has a new competitor in the "who can be the loudest" contest.  The Bun likes to "sing" along with her sister and The Fresh Beat Band.  I either have a future American Idol champ on my hands or just a kid with a powerful set of lungs.  Can someone send me a lifetime supply of earplugs?  Like overnight?  Pretty Please?

The Pouty Face

 I must admit, The Bun is fairly happy go lucky so she doesn't employ this face often, but when she does....   Those baby blues get me every time.  Little Stinky Noodle, don't think momma isn't on to your game.  

Indecision
Miss Chatterbox has finally made her peace with not being the only kid in the house and has actively starting playing with The Bun.  What you can't "see" is that Miss Chatterbox was hitching a ride on the walker, calling, "Mush, Sissy, Mush!  Go faster, faster!"  The Bun was torn between being thrilled her sister was playing with her and being pissed Miss Chatterbox was slowin' her roll.   Seriously.  Step into the kitchen at your own risk.  With The Bun's need for speed, no toes are safe!   I'm considering setting up a speed trap near the stove.

Speaking of food...

Parsnips?  Don't believe I've actually seen one in real life.
(Have you seen these squeezy baby food packets?  They are fantastic for on the go eating.  No spoon required.  I'm all about streamlining, People.)

Unlike Miss Chatterbox, my resident picky non eater,  The Bun devours anything and everything.  She eats the equivalent to 6 jars of food a day, plus at least 4 bottles.  


Bad pic, I know.  


Yet, still has legs this skinny.  Though, I think that has more to do with her constant state of motion.  Once she could crawl, that was it.  She was everywhere, into everything, and constantly up in Miss Chatterbox's bizness 24/7.  

It has been awesome watching her blossom into a little person and I look forward to all the next 18 years will bring!

Happy Hump Day, Y'all!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it so fun to watch them bust out of that baby shell and become a little Person???

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is cute as button. I love pity laugh face, lol. Pouty face would crack me, too.
    They both are little dahlins.

    ReplyDelete